The transportation industry has to fulfill the needs of the people and should not damage the natural environment. There are many challenges which are to be faced by transportation industry to meet the needs of the global population. Some of the challenges are:
- Operations through out the world: Generally persons of a particular organization will work in their native language for the submission of the data which the other country people cannot understand. So a language support is needed which can convert into the required language.
- Environment and safety management: Transportation requires a lot of maintenance like cleaning, striping, coating and other processes which emit many emissions like solid waste water emissions. With the emission of many poisonous gases many health hazards will occur to the employees. So, they are to be monitored and controlled. These activities can be supported by the use of IT management with their advanced technologies.
- Regulation of the dangerous goods: Dangerous goods are to be handled carefully with more safety and they are shipped from one place to another place carefully. The regulation is to be done by using advanced technologies which should not create any hazards to the environment or to the people.
- Planning in times of emergency and response: Overall crisis management is done for emergency planning and response. In spite of many preventive methods hazards can still occur. So, by using overall crisis management the system can do its operation in the normal way.
- Climatic conditions: The global climatic conditions play a major role in the transportation of the goods. The fuel emissions which effect the environment may damage the environment. So, in order to regulate the carbon emissions or fuel gas emissions the carbon management or the fuel management is done.
- Chemical Inventory and waste management: Tracking the chemicals which are used and even the waste management can be done by using IT management.
- Refrigerant management: Refrigerant compliance devices can be used with ozone depleting substance. This makes sure that green house gas refrigerants do not damage the environment. This also saves money by improving the reliability.
These are some of the consequences which have been faced by any transport system whether it may be railways, road ways or airways.