Intrusive interstitial are basically pop up ads. Intrusive interstitial provides poor experience to users, when they cannot access the information immediately. This is an act of advertising in between the search of an user. For mobile devices this becomes as a problematic situation, because the screen size of mobiles are often smaller.
If the user faces this problem, then immediately they prefer to visit other sites for the same content.
This may bring down the experience of the user and the ranking of the webpages as well in search engines. So to improve the quality of searching on mobile devices, Google has started to rank down such web pages where the content is not easily accessible.
Impact of Interstitial Ads on Different Ways
- When playing the games on mobile application and in between the popup appears for advertising something. It breaks the continuity of interest user towards a particular game application. And also, starts decreasing the amount of users using such applications.
- While reading the information on a particular topic the ad covers the main content. This is quite distracting and makes the user to look forward for different sites, for the same matter.
- While watching videos, some irrelevant ad appears, which may not at all needed. This can make the viewers miss those happy moments of watching their favorite videos.
Why Intrusive Interstitial not Good for Mobile Users?
Intrusive interstitial becomes less productive from customer point of view as it blocks the access of web pages and decreases the value of the time. This make the users to wait until they get the content which they are looking for. In between their web search, content appears unreadable and it may result in displaying incomplete information. This can make the users frustrated as they will not be able to access the information completely.
Users feel such situations annoying when the page becomes unresponsive while trying to close the visited page. Also, sometimes the popups may appear repeatedly even after closing, which can make them lose interest towards the searched result.
To overcome from questionable interstitial that creates problem for user, they are categorized as:
- The pages shows pop up and hide the main content, makes the user to switch on another page from the search result. Or else, when they look up for the information through the web page.
- Appearing of full screen standalone interstitial above the header of the website, typically forcing the users to view the ad before they get access to the main webpage content.
- The third will be like a regular pop-up but with full screen, blocking the main contents of the page.
Exceptional Cases Where the Interstitials are Not Treated as Negative:
- The interstitial which deals with the things like usage of cookie for the purpose of age verification
- If the script is used for login on different sites where the content is not used for public purpose. That would include, private content like email or such private information where the user have to get the subscription for usage of provided services.
- Promotional ads which use only reasonable amount of screen space
Benefits for the Users if Interstitial Will Not Occur
- Will give the chance to the user to have a better search experience of web pages for different content.
- Attract more users to get benefited through the online services.
- Add a value addition in search to have a proper and result oriented access.
- Will be helpful to provide the good ranking to such web pages who are able to attract more users with their useful web pages.
Cloud computing is the online service which is available over the internet. It is a on-demand service provided to the user for storing and accessing data and programs through internet.
Cloud computing is a cost effective service. Cloud computing helps the user to update, run and modify the application timely. And with a internet connection user can take benefits of it form anywhere.
Basic Types of Cloud in Cloud Computing
- Private cloud
- Public cloud
- Hybrid cloud
Private cloud is a model of cloud computing. Functioning of private cloud is under the control of IT department. Only authorized users can operate it because it is made to have secured cloud based environment. Private cloud may used for business critical operations.
Providers of private cloud – Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, Vmware Private Cloud, Rackspace Private Cloud (Powered by OpenStack), CloudBees, Microsoft Private Cloud, Platform9 OpenStack Private Cloud, Apache CloudStack Private Cloud.
Public cloud is an another model of cloud computing. It is publicly available. Here service provider provides the service such as application and data storage, which is accessible to general public through internet. The services of public cloud are available free and also offered on pay-per-usage model. Public cloud is used for non-sensitive operations.
Providers of public cloud – Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), IBM’s Blue Cloud, Sun Cloud, Google AppEngine and Windows Azure Services Platform.
Hybrid cloud creates the environment where it creates a link between private cloud and public cloud. Hybrid cloud is a combination of two clouds . It is a model, which enables the IT decisions maker to have more control on private and public components, than using a prepackaged public cloud model.
Providers of hybrid cloud – Microsoft, Vmware, Amazon, Rackspace, HP, EMC, Google, Verizon Enterprise, Century Link, Cisco, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi.
Characteristics of Private Cloud, Public Cloud and Hybrid Cloud
- The physical hardware of private cloud is dedicated.
- Made for sharing the virtualised resources privately with dependable security system.
- Works for cluster of dedicated customers.
- Best suited for secured confidential information and core system.
- Works best for sensitive and business-critical information.
- It gives high performance then public clouds.
- Capable of enhancing security with effective control.
- The physical hardware of public cloud is shared.
- It is cost effective and flexible to use
- Works best for non-sensitive, public facing operations and unpredictable traffic.
- Supports connectivity over the internet.
- Virtualized resources can be shared publicly.
- Capable of supporting multiple customers.
- Best suited for less confidential resources.
- The physical hardware of hybrid cloud is a combination of both dedicated and shared.
- It gives high performance when compared to public or private clouds.
- Hybrid cloud also enhances the security and offers user control same like private cloud.
- It combines the services of public and private cloud and serves the best of each.
- It is also cost effective and flexible like public cloud.
On occasion, you might need to schedule a task or bunch of tasks on a specific date and time through a program, which you may not be able to perform it personally. For instance, you want to send a bunch of emails to your customers on a specific date and you have some important thing to take care of on the same day which requires your personal presence. Sometimes, you may need to modify or update the databases on a specfic date of each month or run it as a background process without doint it manually wasting your valuable time. The situation is most common and many of us wonder how to tackle it by using automated systems or commands that can not only save our time & energy but performs the tasks without fail. There is one such utility which we can use on unix based operating systems where tasks can be scheduled using commands or shell scripts.
What is a cron job?
Many of the hosting companies allow their users to set the cron jobs defining particular tasks to repeat periodically at specified time intervals. In order to schedule a task using crontab, your website should be hosted on unix based web servers such as linux or ubantu but not on the windows servers. Most of the low end hosting types like shared & reseller have limitations on running the crons, but shared, VPS, dedicated etc has flexibility to run the tasks as often as required. The person scheduling the cron should be somewhat familiar with shell scripting which includes the command and the output or action. This configuration file is called “crontab” in which the timers and tasks that need to be executed are listed in order.
Creating cron jobs using web host
Every hosting company allows their users to add, edit or create cron jobs by using the user interface control panel called cpanel. The user must type the command that he/she wish the system to run and clearly specify in the settings the date, time and year at which the command should be executed. There is also an option to edit or correct the existing cron or delete if they want to remove and recreate it again. However, in some cases we may be running three to four cron jobs simultaneously which may collide if they take longer to run than the expected time. If one task is dependent on the other, we need to be extra cautious in defining the time and some tolerance should be given between them, so that they don’t overlap each other in functionality.
Benefits of using cron jobs:
- More control on the tasks as the user can specify the data & time in the command line as per the requirement
- Since it runs as a backend process you need not worry about to be physically there to take care of repeated scheduled tasks
- It is easy to assign the rights and permissions on files for specific users. Crons allow specific set of commands that restrict users to access the file or make changes beyond their permissible limits.
- Once assigned, cron jobs keep on running until the scheduled task is either edited or deleted to recreate the new one.
- Works better in organizations where the time and resources are very limited because it ensures higher productivity with minimal management.
Now-a-days people are trying to eat more organic foods because they want their families to consume things that are free from pesticides and synthetic chemicals. We all know that buying organic fruits and vegetables in the super market are quite expensive and sometimes beyond our financial reach. Luckily, with a little attention and care, now we can grow fresh and delicious organic food in our own backyard and enjoy eating them everyday.
The methods that we follow in organic gardening are quite similar to traditional ones except that we will be using natural materials to ward off pests and enhance soil fertility.
Some of the steps involved in organic gardening are –
We all know how important it is to have a good quality of soil to grow the plants well and have a good harvest. While preparing the soil, adding chemical treatments is strictly prohibited because we don’t want to cause any imbalance in the soil by adding synthetic materials. It not only destroys beneficial bacteria but also kills worms and microbes that helps in enhancing soil fertility. So before planning organic gardening, try to supply the soil with plenty of natural nutrients, like compost and fertilizers, to make it more strong and fertile for planting.
Only a gardener with good gardening practices will understand the benefits of adding natural compost to the soil. Mixing compost in the right proportion to the soil will keep the plant healthy, retains moisture, and reduces unwanted weed growth. The best compost is always made from the organic waste which has correct amount of nitrogen and carbon compounds mixed in the right proportion. To make the organic compost generally people use kitchen scraps and garden wastes, which they cover it as layers in a five to six feet pit and wait for two to three months to get decomposed and turn into plant compost.
Choose the right plant
Choosing the plant is another important aspect in gardening which again depends on the type and size of the garden. Small plants & shrubs can be easily accommodated in containers and pots whereas big trees grow well only on ground. Now-a-days vegetable container gardening is gaining popularity as gardeners are using various methods to grow all kinds of vegetables in containers with very minimal resources. Those who are planning to grow organic garden, must ensure to use the seeds or seedlings from the organic plant which has been raised without chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
Pesticides & weeds
It is a good thing to encourage natural predators that can be beneficial to your garden like frogs, lady bugs, bees etc. Some pests eat up the whole garden causing a major damage to the entire harvest. Controlling them sometimes becomes hard and many home owners use synthetic pesticides to keep their garden away from these problems. Those who are seeking safer environments must use organic alternatives instead of using these harmful chemicals that may damage the soil as well as the produce. Another issue that takes lot of gardenerers time and effort is weed removal. It is very difficult to remove weeds with hand especially if it is a big garden. Hence, gardeners can reduce their extra work and control the weed growth by covering soil top with organic mulch made of straw, woodchips, lawn clippings etc.
Generally, crowns are placed as dental caps on top of the tooth above the gum line to restore its functionality, appearance and structure. People having damaged teeth, cavities or implants go for this procedure because it looks like almost natural teeth matching with the original color. Based on the purpose for which it is being used, they can be made of different materials. Implant crowns that are meant to fit into the dental implants, are typically made of ceramic or porcelain material, comes in the same color matching with the original tooth. Stainless steel crowns are generally recommended as metal caps to restore decayed molar teeth and prevent it from decaying. When two or more crowns are combined together with false or anchoring teeth in between then it is called a dental bridge. Unlike dentures which can be removed and cleaned easily everyday, crowns and bridges are taken out only by a dentist because they are cemented or fixed to the gum line.
When would dentist advise a crown?
The procedure to fix a crown is very common in cosmetic dentistry, especially if the patient has damaged or discolored tooth. Let us see some of the instances where dentists recommend particular type of crown to the patient –
If the patient has a fractured or damaged tooth which needs restoration or protection from falling out, then a crown is recommended by the dentist. If more than one tooth is lost and gap is left between the teeth, then bridges are attached, with crowns connected on either side of the empty space to the natural teeth. The replacement teeth called pontics are then fixed to these bridges to improve the functionality and aesthetics.
It is a common practice to remove the decayed part before filling the cavities, but sometimes if the damage is more severe, or if the patient had gone through a root canal treatment, crowns are recommended on top of the original teeth.
People feel awkward to talk or smile when they have discolored or misaligned teeth. In such cases, crowns made from ceramic or porcelain having natural tooth color are attached to bring back the natural appearance.
How crowns are fitted into your teeth?
Fitting of the crown happens in two stages – while in the first visit the impression of the tooth is taken whereas in the second stage the final crown is adjusted and fitted permanently into the tooth. As a preliminary process, dentists clean the decayed or weakened parts, reshape the tooth to fit perfectly into the crown and then take the impression to send it to the laboratory for making the exact mold. They prepare the tooth for final fitting and cover it with an acrylic or temporary one so that when the patient comes for the second visit, they can simply remove it and cement the final permanent crown. Once the procedure is done, it is important to follow certain food habits and oral health practices to care for the dental crown and keep it long lasting for many years.
Draft fans are extensively used in boilers to improve the flow rate efficiency of air and gases. The working of forced draft fan is different from the induced draft fan. One can use either forced draft fan or induced draft fan based on the industrial need. The basic working of any draft fan is to either exhaust the burnt gases or increase the air flow.
Working of Induced Draft Fan
- Induced draft fans are placed at the outlet of the exhaust fans.
- Induced system consists of a fan which pulls the burnt flue gases through the boiler and pushes them into stack or chimney.
- These fans are operated by electric motor.
- Induced draft system uses negative pressure which means, the pressure inside the boiler is slightly lower than the atmospheric pressure.
- Boiler casing and openings are sealed to prevent the air leaking into the boiler which will result in lower capacity and lower efficiency of the induced draft fans.
- The boiler casing is built of strong material in order to withstand the external pressure of the atmosphere.
- The working can be explained in brief by the flow direction of the exhaust gases.
- Combustion occurs inside the boiler or furnace and then the exhaust gases are moved over the induced draft fans where it contains series of vanes or blades that makes the pressure of the gases lower than the atmospheric pressure.
- Then the gases are moved in to the chimney from where it gets discharged outside.
Working of Forced Draft Fan
- Forced draft system are placed at inlet of the air to the furnace.
- They are run by either steam turbines or by using electric motor.
- In forced draft system fans used are commonly centrifugal fans, where the air flows along the radial direction of the blades or vanes.
- The air which flows into the boiler must have an higher pressure than the pressure inside the furnace.
- So centrifugal fans are used which will increase the pressure of the air that is entering into the furnace.
- While using a forced draft system the whole boiler is under positive pressure.
- Every opening of the furnace must be plastered well in order to stop the contamination of the air from the exhaust gases or any dust particles.
- In this type of fans the air flow direction explains the working of the forced draft fans.
In the boiler, the induced draft fan and forced draft systems can be used with series blades mounted on it. The series of blades will make the pressure difference inside the boiler system, through which the air and the exhaust gases move.