Two types of QR codes: Static and Dynamic. Static code can only be used once, while dynamic code can be used multiple times. QR codes can be static or dynamic. Static QR codes contain a message, an address, and a website link. They are the easiest to create. The static QR code is what you will see in advertising when a person scans the barcode on their product for more information about that product. Dynamic QR codes look like ordinary barcodes but contain encoded data in them, which makes them readable by smartphones.
What is a static QR code ?
In contrast, static QR Codes can never be changed once they have been created. These are, for example, email and text codes, which do not gather tracking information.
What is a dynamic QR code ?
Static QR Codes contain fixed information, while Dynamic QR Codes can be edited after completion. Both the type of QR Code and the content can be edited over and over again.
Differences between static and dynamic QR codes:
- The static image QR code can be printed on the back of brochures and other promotional materials. Dynamic QR codes are highly recommended for mobile marketing campaigns because they have the ability to pull up dynamic information such as coupons or a company’s website.
- QR codes are static, meaning once a user scans a QR code, the data or website links cannot change. Dynamic QR codes, on the other hand, can be changed based on whatever information needs to be passed along to consumers. In most cases, static QR codes are used and dynamic QR codes are only generated if the website provides a shopping cart.
- QR code static codes can only be scanned by a smartphone, whereas dynamic codes can be read by any device. Dynamic QR codes are more versatile and practical for online marketing.
- Static QR codes are the original barcodes that are meant to be printed. They are built in a way that allows them to be read from any angle, but they can only convey a limited amount of information. Dynamic QR codes, on the other hand, use animation and movement to relay a lot more data than static ones do.
- A static QR code contains the same information on every page of a website, and it doesn’t change. A dynamic QR code contains different information based on where it’s being used. QR codes are static images and are easy for readers to scan, which helps your business since there’s a lower chance of error.
Static vs dynamic QR codes are a key difference between the two types of QR codes. Static QR codes are easy to produce, but they do not change and the information encoded in them never changes. Dynamic QR codes are interactive, meaning that they provide real-time data exchange between a device and a website or other application.
Despite the fact that static QR Codes are not ideal for business or marketing because of their lack of adaptability, they are good for personal use since you are unlikely to be tracking your campaign metrics. However, if you do use Dynamic QR Codes for personal use, at least the information is always editable. Here are some examples.