Organic farming is an agricultural system or method of growing crops and raising animals that seeks to provide you, the consumer, with fresh, tasty and authentic food while respecting natural life-cycle systems.
Below are some of the benefits of Organic Farming:
- Organic farming is more profitable than traditional old-age farming methods because farmers can reduce their production costs because they need not to buy expensive chemicals and fertilizers.
- The workers will be healthier due to non-usage of harmful chemicals.
- Organic farms saves energy and protect the environment for the longer terms.
- Reduces impact of global warming.
- There will be few remainders of chemicals in food.
- In a natural way, more animals and plants can live in the same place. This is also referred as biodiversity.
- You will not find any pollution in underground water bodies.
- Organic farming reduces one third of the production cost because it does not involve in buying and using of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, which thus makes organic farming very cost-effective.
- The main component in this type of farming is soil, which can be preserved by reducing soil erosion up to a large extent.
- It also allows farmers to use the same soil to grow crops for a longer period of time, as soil fertility is maintained for a long time.
- It supports wildlife in the lowlands. It provides safe land for animals to graze.
- This type of farming is useful for both farmers and dairy industry. The consumers who consume dairy products will be less prone to ill-health.
- It eliminates the probability of artificial growth because there is no fast production of food.
- The food stuffs which are produced from organic farming does not contain any artificial flavors or preservatives and harmful chemicals.
- The food that are produced from this type of farming are healthy and are tastier than products yielded from traditional farming.
- It automatically promotes diverse habitats. At such places, one will find a place full of life with animals, birds and insects.