Panorex X-ray is an advanced technology, which is used for taking the complete X-ray of the teeth and the surrounding bones. It gives full view of your teeth or entire oral cavity. This captures the image in only one picture. It is also called as single FMX or full mouth x-ray. Panorex x-ray provides the two dimensional view of your mouth. This is an excellent alternative to the traditional approach through which dentists get the tiny pictures and combined all those to get a complete picture of your teeth, with this it is very difficult to identify the problem that your teeth is having. So, panorex helps you to have a complete picture at one glance.
With the help of panorex x-ray the dentist can see the upper and lower jawbone, jaw joints, nasal sinuses and their surrounding bone, mandibular nerve that provides sensation to the teeth and gum of the lower jaw.
Procedure for taking panorex x-ray:
Panorex x-ray is taken in not more than a few minutes. The procedure is very simple, you just have to stand in the middle of the machine and the cameras attached to the machine are rotated over your in a half circle from one end of the jaw to the other end of the jaw and for a complete picture the patient must wait few more seconds. During this you must use a lead apron, which keeps you away from the radiations of the x-ray.
With this x-ray the dentist can check all the problems of your teeth and jaw. Even though it provides complete picture of your mouth this x-ray cannot detect the minor problems like cavities in the teeth. To diagnose these problems the dentist must use other treatments along with this. This x-ray can detects only few dental problems like:
Problems detected by panorex x-ray:
- Temporomandibular joint disorders or TMD can be detected easily with the better view of panorex x-ray.
- Teeth and jaw problems, gum diseases, impacted wisdom teeth, sinus problems etc.
- With the help of this panorex x-ray you can detect if the patient needs any dental restorations or not.
- It also helps in early detection of the oral cancer.
These are some of the problems that can be detected with the help of the panorex x-ray.
Other benefits of panorex x-ray:
- Save lot of time and money with early detections.
- Obtains baselines data, which can be used for long time dental health.
- It has no side effects that is, it reduces the radiation exposure.