Social media marketing has gained huge popularity in the past few years. This is because it is easy and accessible to connect, inform, educate and empower large group of targeted audience. In present scenario, it is used for more than branding, customer service, public relation and retention. In this article, we will discuss about the importance of social media marketing in present scenario.
- Social signals affects your search engine ranking: Search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo considers many factors while ranking a website like on-page coding, on-page content, backlinks, keywords in domain name, description, URL, title and others. Social signals are one among the above important factors in indexing the content in the search engines.
According to Searchmetrics findings, top ranking URLs have more number of likes, shares, tweets and plus ones. Therefore, it is clear that the URLs with more number of social signals ranks top in the search results.
- To monitor your competitors: Social media is one such platform where you can monitor your competitors. There is a popular saying – “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer”. It is necessary to know how your competitors are doing business, for that you need to know:
- How they are presenting their business in social media sites?
- How they are engaging customers?
- What type of content they are posting?
- What people are saying about them?
- How they are replying to positive and negative feedback?
- What keywords they are choosing in describing their organization? Etc.
By monitoring these things you will get to know your competitors closely and it will help you in improving your social media marketing.
- Improving business by social media: Small businesses are showing more interest in marketing their business in social media. Because of its benefits in improving brand awareness, search ranking, relationship building, sales, etc.
- According to Michael Stelzner’s “2013 Social Media Marketing Report”, Leading benefits of social media marketing are increasing exposure and traffic.
- 89% of marketers said that social media has generated more business exposure.
- 75% of marketers said that social media has increased traffic to their website.
- 58% of marketers said that social media has improved search engine ranking.
- Generating leads and sales: One of the biggest advantage of social media is, it is the place to engage target audience and convert them to leads and increase sales. There is also a scope to get referrals from satisfied customers, friends and business partners.
- According to the research report by Michael Stelzner –
- 61% of small business marketers generated leads by social media.
- 43% of small business marketers improved their sales by social media.
Day by day more number of customers are joining social media and spending their time on social media platforms. So, it is worth to have social media profile for your business in order to generate leads, sales and online reputation for your business.