The first two positions in the first month of this year were occupied by the Toyota. Even though the sales of Toyota Camry and Toyota Corolla are fell, these are in the first two positions. There were changes in the rankings between December 2013 and January 2014. We will see the best selling cars of United States in January 2014.
- Toyota Camry: There is a fall in the sales of Toyota Camry up to 27 percent. In January 2013 its sales is 31,897 and fell down to 23,332 in January 2014. Although it is ranked as the first position in US. The year to date sales also decreased from 31,897 to 23,332. In December 2013 with 29,964 it is ranked second below Honda Accord.
- Toyota Corolla: The perennial sales of the Toyota Corolla is decreased by 4.5 percent. It is in second position with 22,753 in January 2014. Its sales in January 2013 are 23,822. The year to date (YTD) sales are decreased from 23,822 to 22,753. In December 2013 Toyota Corolla is in sixth place and in January climbed to second rank.
- Nissan Altima: With the sales of 22,515 cars, Nissan Altima has given a good competitor to Toyota Corolla in January 2014. It recorded a five percent perennial growth from 21,464 in January 2013. The YTD sales also recorded a five percent growth from 2013 of 21,464 to 22,515 in 2014. It improved one rank when compared to December 2013. l
- Honda Civic: Honda Civic is step down one rank than the December 2013 sales. The Nissan Altima and the Honda Civic rankings are interchanged. The perennial sales are slightly decreased by 0.3 percent. In January 2013 its sales are 21,881 and in 2014 it is 21,824. The YTD sales in 2013 are 21,881 and in 2014 are 21,824.
- Ford Fusion: Ford Fusion got fifth rank in December 2013 and in January 2014 there is no difference. From 22,399 in January 2013 its sales are decreased by 7.5 percent to 20,717 in January 2014. The YTD sales are also decreased from 22,399 to 20,717.
- Honda Accord: In December 2013 Honda Accord is ranked first in the US sales. In January 2014 it fell down to sixth rank with 14 percent decrease. In January 2013 its sales are 23,924 and in 2014 is 20,604. The YTD is 23,924 and 20,604 in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
- Chevrolet Cruze: The sales of Chevrolet Cruze increased by 16 percent. In January 2013, its sales were 14,524 and it increased to 16,828 in January 2014. The YTD sales are increased from 14,524 to 16,828.
The next three ranks in the top ten are Hyundai Elantra, Ford Focus and Chevrolet Impala. The Hyundai Elantra had a 26 percent rise in sales. Ford focus and Chevrolet Impala are recorded 25.7 percent and 16 percent respectively.