The basic qualification required for a career in event management is holding a degree in any discipline. Along with this if you have qualification related to event management that would be an added advantage for your career.
There are several universities that offer event management courses. Some of the courses are diploma, graduation and post graduation degrees in event management. These courses are not accomplished with the scholarships as they are towards the certifications and diplomas and the fee varies based on the course and the university you are choosing.
But companies mostly prefer candidates with degree or diploma in public relation, hospital management, sales or marketing, tourism, etc.
Along with these qualifications the candidate must also have the skills required for event management. Some of them are:
- Maintaining public relations to manage clients
- Creative thinking to handle events
- Marketing skills to convince clients and sell your idea to them
- You must have the ability to solve any kind of problem even if the manager is not there to guide you which is nothing but analytical ability
- Management skills to manage your time, clients, risks involved, etc
- Organizational skills to plan an event and organizing the team members in completing task
- Networking skills to maintain the relations with the people in order to expand your business
Career opportunities in event management:
Plenty of opportunities are available in event management industry. If you have all the skills and qualifications and if you are talented you will get through this industry with numerous avenues. Join in a event management company or a media house that deals with the activities of event management. You can also start your own event management company if you have some experience or with help of the people who are already expertize in this field.
There are several events to handle if you are a freelancer. Events like private celebration events, corporate events and other events like religious functions, conferences, etc
Pay scale in event management:
The pay scale varies based on the role and responsibility you are handling. It also varies depending on the organization, experience and where the firm is located.