Cloud computing is the online service which is available over the internet. It is a on-demand service provided to the user for storing and accessing data and programs through internet.
Cloud computing is a cost effective service. Cloud computing helps the user to update, run and modify the application timely. And with a internet connection user can take benefits of it form anywhere.
Basic Types of Cloud in Cloud Computing
- Private cloud
- Public cloud
- Hybrid cloud
Private cloud is a model of cloud computing. Functioning of private cloud is under the control of IT department. Only authorized users can operate it because it is made to have secured cloud based environment. Private cloud may used for business critical operations.
Providers of private cloud – Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, Vmware Private Cloud, Rackspace Private Cloud (Powered by OpenStack), CloudBees, Microsoft Private Cloud, Platform9 OpenStack Private Cloud, Apache CloudStack Private Cloud.
Public cloud is an another model of cloud computing. It is publicly available. Here service provider provides the service such as application and data storage, which is accessible to general public through internet. The services of public cloud are available free and also offered on pay-per-usage model. Public cloud is used for non-sensitive operations.
Providers of public cloud – Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), IBM’s Blue Cloud, Sun Cloud, Google AppEngine and Windows Azure Services Platform.
Hybrid cloud creates the environment where it creates a link between private cloud and public cloud. Hybrid cloud is a combination of two clouds . It is a model, which enables the IT decisions maker to have more control on private and public components, than using a prepackaged public cloud model.
Providers of hybrid cloud – Microsoft, Vmware, Amazon, Rackspace, HP, EMC, Google, Verizon Enterprise, Century Link, Cisco, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi.
Characteristics of Private Cloud, Public Cloud and Hybrid Cloud
- The physical hardware of private cloud is dedicated.
- Made for sharing the virtualised resources privately with dependable security system.
- Works for cluster of dedicated customers.
- Best suited for secured confidential information and core system.
- Works best for sensitive and business-critical information.
- It gives high performance then public clouds.
- Capable of enhancing security with effective control.
- The physical hardware of public cloud is shared.
- It is cost effective and flexible to use
- Works best for non-sensitive, public facing operations and unpredictable traffic.
- Supports connectivity over the internet.
- Virtualized resources can be shared publicly.
- Capable of supporting multiple customers.
- Best suited for less confidential resources.
- The physical hardware of hybrid cloud is a combination of both dedicated and shared.
- It gives high performance when compared to public or private clouds.
- Hybrid cloud also enhances the security and offers user control same like private cloud.
- It combines the services of public and private cloud and serves the best of each.
- It is also cost effective and flexible like public cloud.