Wi-Fi 6 is the latest version of the technology that facilitates higher speeds than that of its immediate predecessor, Wi-Fi 5, which is also called as 802.11ac. This enhanced speed is just one feature of the Wi-Fi 6. Along with that, it also assures you of hassle-free performance at locations where there is a lot of demand on the available network.
In fact, there are several areas where the updated Wi-Fi simply outperforms the Wi-Fi 5. Now, it won’t be inappropriate to delve on the corresponding aspects emphasizing how the Wi-Fi 6 is way ahead!
- In situations where several devices depend on the same Wi-Fi connection, at a given point of time, the Wi-Fi 6 is second to none! The routers of this Wi-Fi have been made in such a way that speeds of all the connected devices remain unaffected.
- The noteworthy improvement of Wi-Fi is chiefly attributable to these sophisticated technologies: multi-user, multiple inputs, multiple-output (MU-MIMO) and orthogonal frequency division multiple access (OFDMA). MU-MIMO empowers the router to carry out communications with many devices, simultaneously. Likewise, several devices receive data from single transmission, through the OFDMA technology.
- The Wi-Fi makes use of TWT (target wake time), as well and, as a result of that; devices are able to ascertain as to when they’ll resume receiving and sending data. This particular characteristic makes a pivotal role in ensuring that the devices’ battery life gets markedly extended.
- In the contemporary era and while speaking of the Internet, how can we not mention the crucial element of cybersecurity? The Wi-Fi 6 has been fortified with added security where cracking passwords become a herculean task for hackers!
Let us have a brief glance at some of the technical facets of Wi-Fi 6, due to which it is recognized as an enhancement over the previous edition.
- You find an increase in bandwidth for the streaming of virtual reality.
- There is a higher spectrum.
- The spectrum is divided into many channels
- It includes Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (1024-QAM) technology where you have packets consisting of a high volume of data
- Wi-Fi 6 supports dynamic fragmentation making sure that optimum use is made of the network
- It encompasses beamforming, which sends signals only to specific users and not in all directions
- This Wi-Fi has two network allocations vectors (NAVs) as a preventive measure against possible clashes between networks.
Here, it will be very relevant if users are informed on certain important points regarding the Wi-Fi 6.
- It is only since the recent past that the devices compatible with Wi-Fi 6 are being sold in the market.
- As of now, the number of these devices is on the lower side and, the prices are also rather exorbitant.
- No doubt, even now the routers of Wi-Fi 6 can be purchased for devices that you presently use. But, it needs to be understood that the full gains of the technology can be witnessed, only when you go for devices that are actually manufactured to support this Wi-Fi.
- The year 2020 shall be the one where there is going to be tremendous growth in the design and sale of Wi-Fi 6 smart-phones, tablets and laptops, etc. There’ll be an extensive range of choices for consumers!